Yet, there are many ways hormones can shift your metabolism. As I talked about in my 10 weight loss hormones, they can be crucial. If you wish to lose weight, you must look at them.
But, how do they work? Let’s find out.
Can hormones affect metabolism and obesity?
Yes, they can. Hormones regulate many body processes. And, they’re among the leading obesity factors. They can influence appetite, metabolism, and how our body distributes fat.
So, abnormal hormonal levels may influence obesity. In fact, many obese patients have unstable hormonal levels.
Leptin and weight
Leptin comes from fat cells. And, it reduces our appetite by influencing our brain. In other words, it reduces our urge to eat. Since it comes from fat, leptin levels are higher in obese people. But, they develop a resistance to its effects.
Insulin and your metabolism
Everyone should know about insulin by now. It’s vital for the metabolism of carbs and fat. It stimulates glucose uptake from the blood. Obese people tend to lose insulin signals. So, glucose levels are harder to control.
Can sex hormones affect metabolism?
Oestrogens and androgens seem to affect body fat distribution. Oestrogen comes from body fat in men and postmenopausal women. And, androgens are mostly present in men, but they decrease with age. Anormal levels of these hormones may cause improper fat distribution.
Your growth hormone
Growth hormone affects our height primarily. But, it also influences our bone and muscle building. As such, it’s tied directly to our metabolism. Obese patients tend to have lower growth hormone levels.
Which other hormones can affect metabolism?
- Cortisol can shift our eating habits. It can cause us to crave more energy than normal.
- Estrogen can also cause weight gain at high or low levels.
- Ghrelin is leptin’s counterpart. It stimulates our appetite when our stomachs are empty.
- Thyroid hormones regulate metabolism, digestion, and more.
- Testosterone is the quintessential androgen hormone. So, it’s the first one to affect our metabolism.
How can hormones affect metabolism? A quick review
Hormone levels can change with age, nutrition, and illness. Hormones regulate how and where we store fat in our bodies. When optimized, hormonal balance can enhance fat store usage. Thus, it helps us control weight and optimize our metabolism.
There are a couple of ways hormones can affect metabolism.
Hormones, fullness, and hunger
Firstly, some hormones regulate when we feel hungry and full. So, they directly make us eat more or less. Naturally, these hormones influence our metabolism directly.
Can hormones influence body weight?
But, other hormones change how our bodies store and break down fats. These hormones also play a direct role in fat metabolism.
How can you keep healthy hormones and weight?
Luckily, there are many ways you can keep proper hormonal levels.
- Firstly, you can eat more often but less. Waiting too long to eat can slow your metabolism by releasing cortisol.
- Working out more often is also crucial for our metabolism. And, it helps us release growth hormone.
- Eating more fiber can also help our metabolism. It keeps steady levels of estrogen for proper fat distribution.
- Finally, winding down after work is critical to lower cortisol levels. Thus, it keeps our metabolism healthy.
The holistic takeaway
So, can hormones affect metabolism? Yes, they can change how your metabolism works. Hormones play a crucial role in all our body functions. Our metabolisms aren’t the exception.
That’s why you must keep them balanced. Healthy hormonal balance can be a vital weight loss ally. And, there are many ways you can do that.
Of course, HB5 is one of the best methods. It’s a 100% natural supplement that benefits 5 vital weight loss hormones,
To learn more about how it works, check out my review!